MXR Duke of Tone Overdrive Pedal
Designed in conjunction with indie pedal builder Analog Man, the MXR Duke of Tone Overdrive is for players who want to add a touch of warmth and grit to their rig while allowing the natural tone and feel of their high-end gear to shine. Based on the Prince of Tone Overdrive, the single-channel version of the King of Tone Overdrive, this pedal is a vintage connoisseur’s dream come true. The Duke of Tone Overdrive likewise carries forward the same simple-yet-effective control interface. Volume, Drive and Tone knobs cover all your basic tweaks while the Boost/OD/Distortion switch allows you to set the overall attitude of the pedal’s output. Boost mode gives you a clean-yet-vigorous bump, OD mode adds a touch of grit and compression, and Distortion mode adds a touch more of each. In all modes, your rig still sounds like your rig. Don’t be afraid to get creative—the Duke of Tone Overdrive is excellent when stacked with other gain pedals, and running the pedal on 18V will give you an extra helping of headroom and clarity, especially in Boost mode.
- A collaboration between MXR and Analog Man
- Adds warmth and grit while allowing the sound and feel of your high-end gear to shine
- Thru-hole components personally tested by Analog Mike
- Boost/OD/Distortion switch allows you to set the overall attitude of the pedal’s output
- Stack it with other gain pedals for creatively crunchy results
- Allows all of your signal chain’s nuances to come through, from strings to amp tubes